The Trainer should have at last the following facilities
- Study the characteristics of DC series, parallel, series-parallel or mixed circuit.
- Verification of Ohm’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law (KVL), and Kirchhoff’s Current Law (KCL), The venin’s Theorem, Norton’s Theorem, Superposition Theorem, Maximum Power Transfer Theorem, Reciprocity Theorem etc.
- Study the characteristics of pure resistive, inductive, pure capacitive circuit as individual, series, parallel connected condition.
- Measuring Effective resistance, current, voltage, active power, apparent power, reactive power, power factor, constructing vector diagram of pure resistive, inductive pure capacitive, R-L, R-C, R-L-C series circuit or parallel circuit.
- Determining phase sequence of 3φ EMF source and measuring 3φ voltage, current, power, power factor of star and delta connected resistive, inductive, capacitive load and also 3φ star connected loads neutral voltage, neutral current of balanced and unbalanced load.
- Measuring resonant frequency, Q factor of R-L-C series and parallel circuit.
- Study the characteristics of PFI device and improving power factor of a plant or a load.
AC Power source for AC practical :
Input voltage: 1φ = 220V AC, 50Hz ; 3 φ = 380 – 400V AC;
Resistive Load: 220V, Capacity 1-φ = 1000 W ; 3- φ = 1000 W;
Inductive Load : 220V, 50 Hz. Capacity 1- φ = 120VAR-300VAR , 3- φ =350VAR ;
Capacitive Load : 220V, 50 Hz., Capacity 1- φ = 200VAR, 3- φ = 200 VAR ;
DC Power Source for DC Practical:
2Sets DC EMF source arrangement of Cells and Batteries
Measuring instrument facilities should have as follows ( minimum)
- DCV & ACV ; Range mV to 600V – 3 nos
- DCA & ACA ; Range µA to 10 A – 3 nos
- Resistance Ω to 40 M Ω – 2 nos
- capacitance nF to 100 µF – 2 nos
- Frequency 1 Hz to 20 MHz – 2 nos
- Digital Wattmeter up to 6000 watts – 1 no
- Power factor 0.01 to 1. – 1 no